The rules of RPCLiF are made to reflect the spirit of roleplay. All actions taken while playing on RPCLiF should be to move storylines forward, preserve immersion, and maintain a respectful community.
To report rule violations or discuss warnings and bans, submit a ticket here. Rule clarifications and suggestions will only be responded to and/or considered if submitted on the proper forum, here. GM rulings are final.
It is important that you register on the website, and as a minimum have your character name attached to your account, if not as the account name itself. Anyone who is non-contactable on the website in regards to tickets, will get temporarily banned, until they contact an Admin/GM through a PM and/or Discord.
GMs are not allowed to be involved in the rulings that are in any way related to their RPCLiF player character. GMs will not spawn items, replace skill points, or modify alignment for anything other than quests and events. If GM abuse is suspected, private message any admin through www.rpclif.net or Discord.
Some words in our rules require a specific definition, these definitions can be found on our terminology page and will be explained as such when it comes down to conflicts.
1. You are not allowed to claim clay pits with a Personal claim or a T1 Monument at its maximum expansion. Personal claims outside of Guild claim borders are not allowed unless approved via ticket by a member of the GM staff to be used for things such as forts, estates, or outposts.
2. Praying home is only allowed when no other player can see you do it and after a period of 10 minutes after a roleplay or pvp encounter.
3. All names must be in the spirit of roleplay. Names that are inappropriate, copyrighted, reference pop culture or are taken from history will be asked to be changed.
4. Only one character per player is allowed.
5. Do not break character during roleplay.
6. Out of character chat in local should be denoted with (parathesis).
7. Tree walls are not allowed.
8. Global chat is out of character only. Announcing yourself at one’s gate or an event are the only exceptions and must be denoted with an (RP) tag.
9. No arguing with the GM team.
10. No macros, cheats or any applications that give an advantage over others ingame.
11. Metagaming is frowned upon and is not in the spirit of roleplay.
12. Both text and voice RP are welcomed, though only local, system and global text chat will be taken into account during discrepancies and rule violations in-game.
13. It is considered griefing to rob other claims wholesale by joining it and then leaving. You are allowed to take a reasonable amount of wares with you if you leave a claim.
14. Claims must be accessible by foot. Platforms are allowed for base entrances, but may only be removed during or directly prior to combat scenarios.
15. It is considered against the spirit of roleplay to not value your character's life. Such as; throwing yourself into combat/situations, where a sane person would refrain, due to the odds being against them.
1. Combat can only be initiated when the following has preceded: - Mutual roleplay. - Making reasonable demands. Killing on Sight (KoS)) is not allowed, except when off claim at night.
2. During Daytime or on claim during nighttime, all players individually or as a group must be given at least 60 seconds to respond prior to combat initiation. Equipping a weapon, fleeing, praying, attacking, dropping anything from your inventory or mounting a horse counts as a reaction. If a player writes back in the local chat and complies with the demands, then he is immune to any further combat. If a player does not write back or reacts, then mutual roleplay is not needed for a combat initiation.
3. If a combat situation is established off claim at night, fleeing onto a claim does not stop the combat. The attackers may pursue without initiating RP (again).
4. Scaling walls or buildings is only allowed with tables, benches and platforms, which should be stacked realistically. Player characters or horses are not allowed to be used to stack on top of each other to scale a wall. Jumping over the walls with a horse is only allowed where the terraforming allows it. Players must attempt to RP with mutual RP or reasonable demands for 5 minutes with the guild before scaling their walls.
5. Once a guild, or a member of a guild, attacks or steals from a claim, they are not allowed to attack or steal from the same claim for 36 hours.
6. A raid on a settlement should end when there hasn't been any combat for 15 minutes or longer. (No camping).
7. If you die during a combat situation between players, you are marked as Mortally Wounded for 12 hours.You must Yield upon respawn, not assist the combat situation any further and not re-enter the current area of combat until 5 minutes after the engagement is over.This cooldown only applies during PvP encounters.
8. Combat is considered over if there has been no attempt to go into combat for at least 15 Minutes, or the fight ends in a natural way (ceasefire, one side is completely defeated, etc.) In a chase, the combat would be over after 15 minutes of continuous sight loss or if one party completely gets away.
9. No combat logging or praying home whilst being in combat.
10. After 5 armed conflicts between 2 or more parties within 2 weeks, all parties involved must either make a war declaration on the forums or leave each other alone for a period of 1 week. This rule is a summary of our war system, which should be read thoroughly before going into war.
Please make sure to take screenshots of both local and system chat if you wish to report a combat violation.