Page
of 4

Event Kingdom Come: Feudal

33 replies
Community Donor
MASTER
Online on Site
Supporter
I absolutely love this idea, mainly because in my opinion, its the grind that people will only do for so long. I speak for many of the more roleplay based people who wish to just be a character apart of larger setting and not have to get on everyday to keep up a virtual job and grind. Back when I was a GM, I thought up a similar idea for an iteration that featured a grand city that was the spawn point but also the main location for most of the events.

Castle-Town-Layout.png

The lay out itself was just a simple design that I mainly drew inspiration from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess as featured in this video:

The whole idea that I had was basically, for the first time ever, players would get to experience life in Highkeep, one of the great noble cities on the continent of Arendor. The backstory would briefly explain that for many years, the country and lands surrounding the city were ravished by a plague, war or bandit raids which explains why there is an absence in population. However, life is once again prosperous for the region surrounding Highkeep and thus an influx of newcomers and those returning to the city who emigrated out many years ago.

The city would feature many GM / player run factions like an organized city guard like the one we had in Valendar's town port. As well as a return of many other factions such as the Merchan'ts Guild, Thieves Guild, etc who all exist within the city:
20161130235350-1.jpg

Obviously a lot of this sounds far fetched and without a considerable amount of help from the team in terms of getting certain amount of things already built and brought into the game, much of this cannot be possible. I'm sure much of the community would definitely be interested to see something like this as its something a lot of guilds end up working towards anyhow, but never end up achieving because the grind takes too long to reach a point like this.

Anyways, that's my take on things. Maybe it's way too unrealistic, but I think with enough determination from players and staff, this could definitely happen and change the dynamic of how we play Life is Feudal as a whole.
If you need help with a post or a forum-related issue, please send me a Private Message.
Posted Nov 24, 18 · Last edited Nov 24, 18
Love
List
Undo
Community Staff
EXPERT
Game Master
Forum Moderator
I 100% agree. Your layout looks amazing! I hope people will join in on the fun if they want to.
Posted Dec 4, 18 · OP
List
Undo
ADEPT
Untagged users
Expanding on what Charles and Hawke were discussing, Id say to make a port as we have done for many iterations past such as this one as a way to progress RP-Storylines / Storyteller quests etc.. same as before.

But id make a GM City around the middle of the map, depending on how the next map is made. Makes it easier for people from all corners to meet up in the middle... Makes it easier on people who are not pvp centered to do their own thing within a GM city etc. Gives the option to play a much more civil and basic character under the protection of that city. (Inn-Keeper, Blacksmith, Home-Owner. etc) So i think it could accommodate more players with different RP's or goals in mind..

This way, people have a way of meeting up safely within a gm city and to RP peacefully, All the while providing new stories and ways to RP.

Furthermore, I talked about this a bit on the Bazhu Iteration, but i dont think there's anything wrong with having an RP leader who is played by a gm from time to time as ruler of said city. Just like in that iteration, this leader could be killed, uprised and be supported by others. Id say the only difference is to have an RP army, along with the gm's or storytellers who would spawn in as warriors. Makes it so, lets say the server wished to uprise, They would have to band up X amount of players to RP Kill his army, and be allowed to par take in an event to pvp with his remaining guard. (Sorta like when you do a siege in Mount and blade) It requires imagination, and further development but this is a RP server and in my opinion, could be interesting and not very hard to achieve.

Something like this, i think could get GM's involved just as much as players, as it would be up to GM's to deside the RP behind how this leader behaves etc. It leaves room to people to be independent on the island. Leaves people room to submit to the RP Lord. Room to have someone else claim King or Queen to fight the current RP Lord.

(Obviously this is a very basic idea, but i feel like if we all had an input to something like this, could be fun and open up new venues of RP and stories perhaps more appealing to others... Many of the objectives and RP based around this Lord could be a victory point format similar to the Denarith Iteration with the vampires on the forums? Things like this i believe could help numbers and appeal to people of all different RP storylines.)

If you guys have any more ideas or input dont be shy, Its something i dont see why we couldnt try out or have more talks about.
Posted Dec 5, 18 · Last edited Dec 6, 18
List
Undo
Community Donor
MASTER
Online on Site
Supporter
I think bottom line, a lot of people who come to RPCLiF and Life is Feudal itself is to primarily develop and roleplay as a character. It's a game that is entirely dependent on community and player interaction. Many veterans of the game have gone through so many periods of grind / wipe repeat that it loses its charm and drive.

Speaking merely as an observer for past iterations having been apart of this scene for a long time, I strongly believe Valendar was one of our strongest iterations many because we had a clear story-line, GM-run guilds, an event town, stable economy, a common enemy (the natives) and it merely came to an end because those GM run things kinda stopped. We had a strong start with the trailer:

The storyline events with the governor and his conquest over the Native land:

20160820154050-1.jpg
20160828130856-1.jpg

A lot of these things incentivize players to keep on playing. I understand that events / storyline is the goal and the focus for the next iteration (after reading the announcement), but its already been done and can't be entirely relied on to keep the players staying. There needs to be something more than that.

What I think truly needs to happen to save a community and keep an iteration prolonged / interesting is to create a shared responsibility like a grand city with the GM team and its playerbase. Build it up pre-launch, establish some kind of structure for how players can interact with it (can they join the city guard, can they purchase a house/shop inside, can they become a worker there?) and then allow a smooth transition of responsibility so that if the GM team needs to slow down or becomes less involved, well at least there is a framework there for players to continue off of.
If you need help with a post or a forum-related issue, please send me a Private Message.
Posted Dec 18, 18 · Last edited Dec 18, 18
Love
List
Undo
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices