As most of you are aware, the new iteration is approaching fast and we have worked very hard to not only make new content but revise the old as well.
This iteration we have not overhauled our rules, but concentrated on making them easier to read. We have scrapped some definitions from the rules page and added them to the new terminology page (a link to which can be found in our "About the Rules" section of the rules page).
The intention of this is to prevent the rules being cluttered with several different definitions while still making it clear how the GM team interpret certain words.
As there are several changes, we have summarised them here:
Gameplay rule changes
Rule change 1:
2. Praying home is only allowed when no other player can see you do it and minimum 10 minutes after a roleplay or pvp encounter.
2. Praying home is only allowed when no other player can see you do it and after a period of 10 minutes after a roleplay or pvp encounter.
Rule change 2:
7. Tree walls are not allowed. (Trees planted too close for players to pass through)
7. Tree walls are not allowed.
Rule change 3:
9. No arguing with the GM team. This may lead to a warning/ban.
9. No arguing with the GM team.
Rule change 4:
10. No macros.
10. No macros, cheats or any applications that give an advantage over others ingame.
Rule change 5:
12. Both text and voice RP are welcomed, but only local text chat will be taken into account during discrepancies and rule violations.
12. Both text and voice RP are welcomed, though only local, system and global text chat will be taken into account during discrepancies and rule violations in-game.
Combat rule changes
Rule change 6:
1. Combat can only be initiated when either of the following has preceded:
- Mutual roleplay and/or
- making reasonable demands (see 2.)
Killing on Sight (KoS(killing without RP)) is not allowed; except when off claim at night. (between nightfall and morning lag) Combat is defined as any form of hostile behaviour from at least 1 person. This can be, but is not limited to, slashing with any weapon, throwing any weapon, shooting arrows/bolts, deliberately hitting people with a horse, making any gesture with any tool or weapon that might lead up to an injury. Dueling or practising will also be defined as combat.
1. Combat can only be initiated when the following has preceded:
- Mutual roleplay.
- Making reasonable demands.
Killing on Sight (KoS) is not allowed, except when off claim at night.
Rule change 7:
2. During Daytime (after morning lag and before nightfall) or on claim during nighttime, all players must be given at least 60 seconds to respond prior to combat initiation. The demands must be reasonable and fulfillable by the victim. Equipping a weapon, fleeing, praying, attacking, dropping anything on the ground or mounting a horse counts as a reaction. If a player complies with the demands, then he is immune to any further combat.
2. During Daytime or on claim during nighttime, all players individually or as a group must be given at least 60 seconds to respond prior to combat initiation. Equipping a weapon, fleeing, praying, attacking, dropping anything from your inventory or mounting a horse counts as a reaction. If a player writes back in the local chat and complies with the demands, then he is immune to any further combat. If a player does not write back or reacts, then mutual roleplay is not needed for a combat initiation.
Rule change 8:
3. If you get attacked and damaged during night time and flee onto your claim, the attackers do not have to establish roleplay and can continue their attack. The claim does not act like a magical barrier.
3. If a combat situation is established off claim at night, fleeing onto a claim does not stop the combat. The attackers may pursue without initiating RP (again).
Rule change 9:
5. Once a guild, or a member of a guild, attacks or steals from a claim, they are not allowed to attack or steal from the same claim for 24 hours.
5. Once a guild, or a member of a guild, attacks or steals from a claim, they are not allowed to attack or steal from the same claim for 36 hours.
Rule change 10:
7. If you die during a pvp encounter between players, you may not engage in combat for 12 hours (real life time). That timer means that you are not permitted to engage in any kind of PvP (not even defending yourself). You should not return until the combat is over (including to retrieve your gear). If enemies are in your town, sit down and write "mortally wounded" if it is not possible to go into a safe spot and you are getting attacked. Mortally wounded players may not assist a battle in any way (including but not limited to: calling Trespassers, transporting gear, opening gates, etc.) This cooldown only applies during PvP encounters. Training with live weapons and/or duels count as PvP encounters.
7. If you die during a combat situation between players, you are marked as Mortally Wounded for 12 hours.You must Yield upon respawn, not assist the combat situation any further and not re-enter the current area of combat until 5 minutes after the engagement is over. This cooldown only applies during PvP encounters.
Rule change 11:
8. Combat is considered over if there has been no attempt to fight (Fired ranged or throwing weapon at the enemy, striked hit with melee weapon) for at least 15 Minutes, or the fight ends in a natural way (ceasefire, one side is completely defeated, etc.) In a chase, the combat would be over after 15 minutes of continuous sight loss or if one party completely gets away.
8. Combat is considered over if there has been no attempt to go into combat for at least 15 Minutes, or the fight ends in a natural way (ceasefire, one side is completely defeated, etc.) In a chase, the combat would be over after 15 minutes of continuous sight loss or if one party completely gets away.
Rule change 12:
9. Logging out of the game while engaged in combat is prohibited. (No combat logging). This also involves Praying out of combat.
9. No combat logging or praying home whilst being in combat.
Rule change 13:
10. If you wish to set up a large scale war, you must submit an RP ticket here.
10. When 3 conflicts between two or more guilds have taken place within a weeks time, then both parties are either forced to make a war declaration (that must be submitted with an RP ticket here) or they are not allowed to have any conflicts between each other for the period of one week counting from the last conflict.
Gameplay new rule
Rule Addition 1:
15. It is considered against the spirit of roleplay to not value your character's life. Such as; throwing yourself into combat/situations, where a sane person would refrain, due to the odds being against them.