The rules of RPCLiF are made to reflect the spirit of roleplay. All actions taken while playing on RPCLiF should be to move storylines forward, preserve immersion, and maintain a respectful community.
To report rule violations or discuss warnings and bans, submit a ticket here. Rule clarifications and suggestions will only be responded to and/or considered if submitted on the proper forum, here. GM rulings are final.
It is important that you register on the website, and as a minimum have your character name attached to your account, if not as the account name itself. Anyone who is non-contactable on the website in regards to tickets, will get temporarily banned, until they contact an Admin/GM through a PM and/or Discord.
GMs are not allowed to be involved in the rulings that are in any way related to their RPCLiF player character. GMs will not spawn items, replace skill points, or modify alignment for anything other than quests and events. If GM abuse is suspected, private message any admin through www.rpclif.net or Discord.
1. Combat can only be initiated when either of the following has preceded: - Mutual roleplay and/or - making reasonable demands (see 2.) Killing on Sight (KoS(killing without RP)) is not allowed; except when off claim at night. (between nightfall and morning lag) Combat is defined as any form of hostile behaviour from at least 1 person. This can be, but is not limited to, slashing with any weapon, throwing any weapon, shooting arrows/bolts, deliberately hitting people with a horse, making any gesture with any tool or weapon that might lead up to an injury. Dueling or practising will also be defined as combat.
2.During Daytime (after morning lag and before nightfall) or on claim during nighttime, all players must be given at least 60 seconds to respond prior to combat initiation. The demands must be reasonable and fulfillable by the victim. Equipping a weapon, fleeing, praying, attacking, dropping anything on the ground or mounting a horse counts as a reaction. If a player complies with the demands, then he is immune to any further combat.
3. If you get attacked and damaged during night time and flee onto your claim, the attackers do not have to establish roleplay and can continue their attack. The claim does not act like a magical barrier.
4. Scaling walls or buildings is only allowed with stacking of tables, benches and platforms. Player characters or horses are not allowed to be used to stack on top of each other to scale a wall. Jumping over the walls with a horse is only allowed where the terraforming allows it. Players must attempt to RP with mutual RP or reasonable demands for 5 minutes with the guild before scaling their walls.
5. Once a guild, or a member of a guild, attacks or steals from a claim, they must not attack or steal from the same claim for 24 hours.
6. A raid on a settlement should end when there hasn't been any combat for 15 minutes or longer. (No camping).
7. If you die during a hostile pvp encounter between players, you may not engage in combat for 12 hours (real life time). That timer means that you are not permitted to engage in any kind of PvP (not even defending yourself). You should not return until the combat is over (including to retrieve your gear). If enemies are in your town, sit down and write "mortally wounded" if it is not possible to go into a safe spot and you are getting attacked. Mortally wounded players may not assist a battle in any way (including but not limited to: calling Trespassers, transporting gear, opening gates, etc.)This cooldown only applies during PvP encounters. Training with live weapons and/or duels count as PvP encounters.
8. Combat is considered over if there has been no attempt to fight (Fired ranged or throwing weapon at the enemy, striked hit with melee weapon) for at least 15 Minutes, or the fight ends in a natural way (cease fire, one side is completely defeated, etc.) In a chase, the combat would be over after 15 minutes of continuous sight loss or if one party completely gets away.
9. Logging out of the game while engaged in combat is prohibited. (No combat logging). This also involves Praying out of combat.
10. If you wish to set up a large scale war, you must submit an RP ticket here.
* Please make sure to take screenshots of both local and system chat if you wish to report a combat violation.